홈페이지 방문을 환영합니다

DATE : 14-09-03 20:01
FAWA 20th Convention. Message from the Secretary of State, Washington
 NAME : admin
VIEW : 4,542  
On behalf of the U.S. Department of State, I am delighted to extend my heartfelt greetings to all those attending the Federation of Asia-Pacific Women’s Association’s 2012 Convention in Guam. The United States is a Pacific nation, and through the Pacific Women’s Empowerment Initiative that I launched in 2010 we are re-focusing our efforts to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the region. This convention is an exciting opportunity for you to connect with one another and share strategies on how best to advance the rights and opportunities of women in the Asia-Pacific region. As Secretary of State I have had the pleasure of meeting with women and girls around the world, and listening firsthand to the immense challenges they face and the opportunities they have seized; this is especially true of women in the Pacific. As you gather together to share best practices on a wide range of issues from education to economic opportunity, health, and women’s leadership, I hope you take the chance to highlight the successes you have made and to target the challenges that remain. Investing in women is not only the right thing for countries and communities to do, it is the smartest investment that can all make. Women are powerful agents of change, and through forums like this one we can focus on creative and innovative ways to harness the power of women to be a central part of solutions that will provide a more positive future for families, communities, and whole countries. Please know you have my very best wishes for an enjoyable and productive convention. With positive thoughts and best regards, I am Sincerely yours, Hillary Rodham Clinton

Contact Details

•  25, Hangang-daero
  • 21-Gil, Yongsan-Gu,
  • Seoul (140-880)
  •   www.kncw.or.kr
  •   9:00am - 6:00pm
  •   82-2-794-4560
  •   82-2-796-4995(fax)
  •   kncw@chol.com
Copyright © 2014 fawainternational.com. All Rights Reserved.