홈페이지 방문을 환영합니다

DATE : 14-09-03 19:58
FAWA 19th Convention. Message from FAWA President
 NAME : admin
VIEW : 4,420  
It is my great pleasure to welcome you all to Federation of Asia-Pacific Women Association’s (FAWA) 19th Convention here in Taipei. Along with all my compatriots, we’re truly honored to have the opportunity to host FAWA’s 50th anniversary celebration. In addition to the longstanding members of FAWA, we’re very excited to have a multitude of new delegates joining us to build upon the progress we’ve made on behalf of all women across Asian-Pacific communities The world has certainly changed quite a bit since 1959, when the first FAWA convention was organized in the Philippines. There weren’t even civilian flights from Taipei to Manila at the time, so our charter members had to fly via military convoys to attend that first meeting. That selfless dedication and unflagging spirit to improve women welfare is still with us today, something we intend to honor and celebrate by reflecting on the legacy of FAWA over the past 50 years. At the same time, we welcome the enthusiasm and fresh ideas from all the new members as we look ahead at the new challenges facing women today. I hope this convention will serve as a useful platform to share our collective experiences and wisdom, taking the insights we learn here back home to continue our fight for women rights and wellbeing. I want to graciously thank FAWA Honorary President Dr. Cecilia Y. Koo, who served as the convener of this 50th anniversary celebration. It is truly a testament to her charisma and generosity that we’ve been able to gather so many distinguished delegates together here. I’d also like to thank FAWA Honorary Advisor Nancy C. Nee for her diligent planning and leadership overall. Her passion was instrumental in keeping everyone motivated and on track throughout the countless meetings. And of course, today’s event wouldn’t be possible without the support of all the contributing organizations and organizing committees. It has been a busy, but exciting time for all of us here in Taiwan as we planned and put together this convention. We hope everyone has a productive and fun filled tie here in Taiwan, and I look forward to our continuous collaboration for the betterment of the Federation of Asia-Pacific Women Association and all those it serves. Betty Chang President Federation of Asia-Pacific Women’s Associations National Council of Women of Taiwan, Republic of China

Contact Details

•  25, Hangang-daero
  • 21-Gil, Yongsan-Gu,
  • Seoul (140-880)
  •   www.kncw.or.kr
  •   9:00am - 6:00pm
  •   82-2-794-4560
  •   82-2-796-4995(fax)
  •   kncw@chol.com
Copyright © 2014 fawainternational.com. All Rights Reserved.